1. Propitiation: Jesus died and took God’s wrath stored up for us because of our sin.
2. Expiation: Jesus died to cleanse us.
3. Sacrifice: Jesus died as our sacrifice for sin before God.
4. Victor: Jesus died to crush our enemies.
5. Redemption: Jesus died for our freedom.
6. Justification: Jesus died to forgive us.
7. Ransom: Jesus died to pay our debt and free us the enslavement of sin.
8. Example: Jesus died as the example of God’s wondrous love.
9. Reconciliation: Jesus died to restore the relationship between God and man becoming our mediator.
10. Revelation: Jesus died to reveal God.
* This was all adapted from Mark Driscoll’s Sermon series,Christ and the Cross, and Doctrine: What Christians should believe.